Everyone wants a smart list of to-do items. My Work is great, but a lot of people I work with prefer viewing action items in a horizontal kanban style board... kind of a cool command center for all your important work so nothing slips through the cracks.
Follow the steps below to set up boards so that you can manage your team transparently and align processes.
- Click the Dashboard tab.
- Click the “+” button to create a new Dashboard.
- Name your Dashboard “My Dashboard” and press Enter.
- Select a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation panel.
- Select which tasks you want to see. From the List View, click the menu button and: a) Choose “Show Subfolders” if you want to see tasks from descendant Folders/Projects b) Choose “Hide Subfolders” if you only want to see tasks from the particular Folder/Project you have open.
- Click the filters icon.
- Check the box next to “Current user” in the “Assigned” section.
- Scroll to the “Tasks to do” section and check the box next to “today”.
- Click the menu button in the List View.
- Hover over “Add to Dashboard” and select “My Dashboard”.
- Repeat steps 6-9 but check “this week”, “this month”, and “overdue” in turn.
- Click on the Dashboard tab and select “My Dashboard”.
- Share the Dashboard with your team by clicking the “+” icon next to where it says “Shared with” and sharing with My Team.
Now everyone in the My Team group has a Dashboard which shows them the tasks assigned to them and which are due today, this week, this month, and overdue.