Could you please enable users to format text in both descriptions and comments as code? Similar to applying the <pre> and <code> HTML tags, any text a user formatted as code would be displayed in a monospace font with long blocks contained within a scrollable element.
Suggested mechanisms for implementation include:
- Dropdown selections in the GUI for code formatting.
- Single tick marks for inline code formatting, e.g., `code`
- Triple tick marks to demark the start/end of a code block, e.g., ```multi-line code block```
Bonus points for:
- Code syntax highlighting.
- Full support of the Markdown syntax.