Please separate Project workflows from Task workflows. To have possibility to select Task oriented workflows only in Tasks and Project oriented workflows only in Projects
Current approach creates quite severe issues:
- Projects are created in Default folder Workflows which are reserved for tasks. As a result Tasks and Projects would have the same workflow in the folder by default - identification complication.
- Now we have dozens of workflows designed for tasks with predefined assignees and specifically locked transitions which confuse people within project status selection process - frustration issue.
- People may choose Project workflow in their tasks - longer list and miss selection issue.
- All widgets in all dashboards concerning projects will crash in case of wrong workflow selection.
- Table view filters can select tasks and projects as well - identification issue.
So please keep Projects and Tasks as separated entities as much as possible. Cause with mixed workflows there is no big difference between Project and Task with sub-tasks. That's quite messy.
P.S.: Locked workflows can't solve the issue cause some level of flexibility should be granted.