- Note 1: The "signature text" would work similarly to an email's signature - I create/format a "template" in a different section and then just add it to the body of the description or as a footer/end-note with just one click (or maybe two).
- Note 2: The "signature text" cannot be modified unless I modify the "template" or make the "signature text" unique to the Folder/Project/Task.
- Note 3: The "placeholder text" would be just a formatted text (so no dynamic fields although if you can add some dynamic fields that would be great) that I can - once added to the description - modify freely.
- I create a new Folder and inside that Folder I have a couple of Projects called: "Floor", "Foundation" "Walls", etc. .
- For all the Tasks included in every project I require all measurements in Square Meters.
- I add a new member to the team and, for some reason, he measures stuff in Sq. Ft. and Yards.
- He completes all his tasks however he delivered something that I cannot use - or that needs some extra processes so I can use it. He is not wrong, I should have told him that I was using the metric system and not the imperial one.
- Now, imagine that I have 25 Folders (because I oversee the construction of 25 different buildings in different countries) with 10 Projects per folder. Each Project represents a different construction process.
- So I'm managing 250 Projects on here and each one can have an unlimited amount of Tasks.
- People come and go, some use the metric system, others use the imperial one and a few don't even bother to add such crucial information.
- Also, sometimes I use Wrike on my phone, others on the web (using my friend's computer), sometimes on my personal computer.
Request 1 - Signature Text:
- I would love to be able to create a signature text (and not just one, a bunch of them) somewhere on the site/software/app.
- Then I would just simply click a button to add the text to each new Folder/Project/Task (maybe as a footer or maybe in a new section similar to the "comments section").
- This way I can communicate some info to the team - info that they need to remember constantly - without having to copy/paste some info from my computer (because maybe I'm at my friend's house).
- Once I have added the signature text I could define it as "unique to this Folder/Project/Task" so if I modify it, the changes would no affect other Folders/Projects/Tasks that contain that text.
Request 2 - Streamlined signature text:
- I would love to be able to streamline the logic included in "Request 1" - meaning:
- I would love to do something similar to Request 1 but directly in the "Create Project / Create Folder" window (the one in which you can choose the "Default view").
- This would work if I had already created a "signature text". However, the option to "Create new signature" should be present in the "Create Project / Create Folder" window.
Request 3 - Placeholder text:
- The idea behind the "Placeholder text" is to avoid having to check and re-check other Folders/Projects in order to remember what kind of information (and its formatting) to include in the description of said Folders/Projects.
- I would love to be able to just click a button and select from a list (or from a pop-up window or something) a formatted text that I have already created somewhere on the site/software/app.
- Said text would then become the "Description" of the Folder/Project.
- From there I would just need to change the text and make it specific to the Folder/Project I'm working on.