View Your To-Do Items
Everyone wants a smart list of to-do items. My Work is great, but a lot of people I work with prefer viewing action items in a horizontal kanban style board... kind of a cool command center for all your important work so nothing slips through the cracks.
Follow the steps below to set up boards so that you can manage your team transparently and align processes.
- Click the Dashboard tab.
- Click the “+” button to create a new Dashboard.
- Name your Dashboard “My Dashboard” and press Enter.
- Select a Folder or Project from the left-hand Navigation panel.
- Select which tasks you want to see. From the List View, click the menu button and: a) Choose “Show Subfolders” if you want to see tasks from descendant Folders/Projects b) Choose “Hide Subfolders” if you only want to see tasks from the particular Folder/Project you have open.
- Click the filters icon.
- Check the box next to “Current user” in the “Assigned” section.
- Scroll to the “Tasks to do” section and check the box next to “today”.
- Click the menu button in the List View.
- Hover over “Add to Dashboard” and select “My Dashboard”.
- Repeat steps 6-9 but check “this week”, “this month”, and “overdue” in turn.
- Click on the Dashboard tab and select “My Dashboard”.
- Share the Dashboard with your team by clicking the “+” icon next to where it says “Shared with” and sharing with My Team.
Now everyone in the My Team group has a Dashboard which shows them the tasks assigned to them and which are due today, this week, this month, and overdue.
@5. Which menu button in the List View?
@6. there is no filter icon that is active and where checkboxes might appear - only an input field next to the icon
Dam, cannot proceed.
Hi Ralf, thanks for reaching out! Here's an illustration for points 5 and 6:
Does this help? Happy to answer any other questions about this!
(5) The fly-out menu does not show the option "Show Subfolders"
(6) As soon as I select a task from the List View the filter icon disappears.
Ralf, thanks for following up! The option to show Subfolders is not visible when there are no Subfolders - this just means that this is the lowest level of the Folder hierarchy. If you choose to create a list from the higher levels, you'll see this option.
As for the second question, let me quickly demonstrate the filtering panel and checkboxes (for filters themselves):