If you need your team to be aware of very important action items, for example: a critical bug is found, or a campaign that has to launch tomorrow, you need to build a "hot-list board" in Wrike. The ability to prioritize work so you can drive your team's focus to the most important action items does not exist out-of-the-box. So here is a simple way to create an "urgency board" for your team so that everyone is aware of high priority work by leveraging Wrike Custom Fields:
Part 1: Create the Custom Field
- Select a Folder/Project.
- Switch to the Table View.
- Click the “+” icon to create a new Custom Field.
- Title the field “Priority”
- Select the Dropdown option.
- Assign different priority values as dropdown option. (For example, P0, P1, P2).
Now when work is submitted to the queue, the person creating the work (or a manager who assigns out work) can use this Custom Field to designate the task’s priority.
Part 2: Create the Dashboard Widget
- Click the Dashboard tab.
- Click the “+” button to create a new Dashboard.
- Name your Dashboard “My Dashboard” and press Enter.
- Select a Folder or Project from the left-hand navigation panel.
- Select which tasks you want to see. From the List View, click the menu button and: a) Choose “Show Subfolders” if you want to see tasks from descendant Folders/Projects. b) Choose “Hide Subfolders” if you only want to see tasks from the particular Folder/Project you have open.
- Click the filters icon.
- Scroll to the “Custom Fields” section and click the carrot icon.
- Check the box next to “Priority”.
- In the “Contains” field, enter the first priority option that appears in the priority dropdown menu.
- Click the menu button in the List View.
- Hover over “Add to Dashboard” and select “My Dashboard”.
- Repeat steps 7-11 and create a widget for each of your different priority options.
- Go back to the Dashboard tab and click the “+” that appears next to the “Shared with” text.
- Share the dashboard with individual users or with User Groups who should have access to the priorities.
You now have a Dashboard which shows your team’s priorities. You can see what you’re focusing on, or know what to start working on next.