Hello Community! 👋
We’re extremely happy and excited to announce the release of Wrike’s Automation Engine! This functionality is designed to save your time by automating repetitive tasks so that you can concentrate on the most important work.
What’s the Automation Engine?
Wrike’s Automation Engine is a solution that helps automate routine actions in Wrike. It covers multiple use-cases, some of which our Community members have been suggesting here, such as archiving completed projects, notifying users about actions they need to do, and ensuring a project’s status is in sync with the children’s task statuses.
Wrike’s Automation Engine runs off rule-based logic, using triggers to perform actions in the platform, and doesn’t require any coding experience to create the automation rules.
Trigger: a change in the system that prompts the rule to take action.
Action: the next steps the engine takes, once a trigger condition has been met.
Rules can be applied to projects and tasks.
Create an Automation Rule
Please note that only Account admins can create automation rules from the “Account Management” section of the Settings.
1) Click “Automation” in the left panel under the “Account Management” section.
2) Click “Create rule”.
3) Set up your rule:
- if the rule applies to tasks or projects, and select their location.
- select and set up one of the available triggers.
- select and set up one or more of the available actions. You can add up to 10 actions to the rule.
4) If necessary, edit the title of the rule at the top left of the view.
5) Click “Create” in the upper-right corner of the view.
Now you’re all set up, and once the rule is triggered, it’ll be automatically performing the action.
Check out the list of all available triggers and actions on our Help Center.
Please note that Wrike’s Automation Engine is available on Business and Enterprise subscriptions.
We hope that you're as excited about this update as we are 🙂 Please let us know if you have any questions, and of course, we’re extremely interested in hearing your feedback! Comment below 👇