Account admins on accounts with the Wrike for Professional Services package and Wrike Resource add-on can enable custom allocation limits in Labs. Once enabled, custom allocation limits are available on Workload charts.
This is an experimental feature, and as a result, it may have bugs, is subject to change, and may be discontinued at any time. Please feel free to use the feedback links in Wrike Labs to share your thoughts on this beta feature.
- Important Information
- Enable Custom Allocation Limits From Labs
- Configure Custom Allocation Limits
The default daily allocation limit for all users on Workload charts is 8 hours. Custom allocation limits allow you to change the daily limit for team members on Workload charts if their working days differ from the traditional 8-hour day.
Once you set a custom limit for one or more of the team members, Wrike will take this setting into account when color-coding the cells on the chart according to the allocated effort.
- Custom capacity limits are only available in Workload charts. Custom working hours on Workload charts won’t affect working hours in any other Wrike feature.
- Custom capacity settings are applied per chart, so you need to enable the custom capacity for each Workload chart separately.
- Custom capacity is supported only on the “Days” zoom level of the grid.
- If grouping by job roles has been applied on the Workload chart, custom capacity settings won’t be applied to it.
Account admins can enable this feature from Labs.
- Go to Wrike Labs.
- Scroll down to “Custom Allocation Limit.”
- Click "Enable."
After you refresh your Wrike workspace, custom capacity will be available in your account, and you can proceed to assign custom limits to workday hours on Workload charts.
Regular and External users can configure and edit the custom capacity limits on Workload charts unless their access role restricts it.
- Go to the Workload tab at the top of your workspace.
- Select the relevant Workload chart from the list.
- Click the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner of the chart.
- Select “Custom capacity.”
- In the window that opens, you can:
- Set the same custom capacity for all users on the Workload chart: Enter the needed number of work hours in the “Default limit per day” field.
- Set a custom capacity for one or more users individually: Enter the custom working hours number in the field next to each user’s name.
Note: You can enter any whole number from 0 to 24 as the custom capacity. Fractions with up to two digits after the decimal point are also supported, i.e., “1.5h” or “1.25h.”
- Click “Apply.”
- Refresh the page.
You can use the same steps to edit the custom capacity limits of users on the Workload chart.
When the custom capacity is set for the users on this Workload chart, it’s reflected on the grid:
- The cells with 0 effort allocation are white.
- The cells with the effort allocation from 0 to the custom capacity limit that you set are partially colored in pale blue (the amount of cell coloring is proportionate to the ratio between free time and allocated effort).
- The cells where the number of allocated hours is the same as the custom capacity or exceeds it are colored in red.
You can see the custom capacity set for all users of the chart in the upper-left corner under “Daily allocation limit.” Individual custom capacity is displayed to the right of each user’s name.