We support multiple languages on our web site and via our customer support, and we need to implement a process to track requests for written content translation.
For example, each time we make a change to any text on our web site, we need to ensure that this text is translated into each supported language. We need to know when all language translations have been completed, and we also need to track how much time is spent on each specific translation request for each language.
Current solution attempt:
We’ve set up a request form for Translation Requests that creates a project from template (see form definition screenshot, attached).
Within this template project, there is a task for each individual language that we support, where each task is assigned to the user responsible for that language translation. Each user will track their time against the appropriate task. Task dates (start/end) are working as we need.
So far, this solution works, with 2 notable exceptions / deal-breakers:
- Resulting project name: We initially mapped the resulting project to the dropdown list of content types to be translated, but that resulted in multiple projects with the same name. So we need the project name to also include the request date (e.g. “Web site change – 2018-10-15” or “Email template – 2018-10-18”). We did manage to get this working, but only by adding another field to the form to make the user enter today’s date *a second time*. We already have to make the user enter today’s date to get the correct start date on the resulting tasks. Making them enter today’s date once is bad enough, but making them enter it twice just isn’t going to fly.
- Resulting task descriptions: If we can solve #1, we still have a problem with the individual tasks within the resulting project. The description of what needs to be translated in included in the *project* description. But the individual translators need to see this information in the *tasks* that are assigned to them. It’s not at all intuitive for them to have to navigate to the parent project to view the project description in order to see what they need to do. We’re at a loss on this one.
We’ve tried everything we can think of and have not been able to come up with a solution that works for us within Wrike’s existing capabilities.
At this point, the only path we see is to move our request forms to a more robust form solution such as Formstack, and develop our own API integration for creating the projects/tasks (or possibly use Workato/Wrike Integrate to handle the Formstack/Wrike integration).
If anyone has an alternative solution that will work within Wrike’s capabilities, we’d be most appreciative for any/all guidance.