Custom workflows are a fabulous feature, but the UI for managing multiple workflows is tough, particularly once you have more than a few:
- Left/right scrolling makes it impossible to see all workflows at once, and challenging to find the workflow you want
- No way to see which workflows are actually in use and where they are in us, so if you want to make a change to a workflow you don't know who else you might be affecting
- No way to sort workflows so if you want to adjust one workflow's status wording to more closely match another, you can't view them side by side (and may not even be able to view them on the same window since you may have to scroll left/right between them)
I've love to see an alternate view for managing custom workflows with more flexibility, similar to the way you allow alternate views within project/folders.
One example alternative UI might be something like the Table view for tasks, with sortable columns for:
- Workflow name
- Total number of statuses in the workflow
- Number of projects/folders using this workflow
On each table row, ideally you'd be able to open an individual workflow panel (similar to opening a task from Table view) where you can customize the workflow (manage statuses/colors/etc) and see a complete list of individual folder/projects using this workflow (in hierarchical view that can be expanded/collapsed similar to the project/folder list in the Wrike sidebar)
It would also be nice to get a warning when modifying an existing custom workflow if that workflow is currently in use by any existing project/folder.