Before setting up the report, you need to make sure you have your Workspace properly setup. These are the steps we're going to take:
- Workspace Setup
- Track Who Is Requesting Work.
- Create the Report
You’re going to report on tasks in a particular Folder or Project, so make sure that the items you want to report on are all in the same place. The more centralized the tasks are, the easier to create the report and the more accurate it's likely to be.
Track Who Is Requesting Work
There’s a few different ways to do this, choose whatever works best for your team.
- Create a Dropdown Custom Field where you can select a particular team.
- Create a Custom Field for ‘User’ if the requester is always a Wrike user.
- Create a Text Custom Field where you can enter a particular person’s name.
Make sure you create this field, and make sure to fill it in as you go, this is key information for your report.
Create the Report
Now you just have to create the report. To do this:
- Click on the “Reports” tab in the Workspace.
- Select “Create new report”.
- Enter a name for your report (at the top of the Report builder).
- Click “Tasks”.
- Select the Folders/Projects you want to report on. Your report only includes tasks from the Folders/Projects you select here, so make sure to select all that apply.
- Add filters.
- Click “Add more filters” then select the Custom Field you created to track who is requesting work.
- Optional: If you want to report on a specific subset of tasks (such as tasks created within a certain time period) you can do that here, otherwise just click “Next”.
- Select “Table”.
- Group Data: you can group data by status, assignee, or a number of other options. Feel free to use one of these options, or just click “remove groupings” and decide what makes the most sense later.
- Click “Save and View”.
- Once the report generates, be sure to use the gear icon in the top left corner of the table to include the Custom Field you created. You can also sort by that field by clicking on the column header to see all the tasks clustered by the Requester.
You’re set, you’re ready to start reporting on who is requesting work. Your report automatically updates with up to date data each time you open it. Create a Snapshot to show your report to others, or edit your report at any time to change the criteria you’re looking at.
Stephanie Westbrook Wrike Team member Aprenda sobre as funcionalidades e melhores práticas em Wrike com o nosso Treinamento Webinar Online