We are ready to launch the next discussion on use cases 🤗 Today, let’s discuss Project RACI!
- Use Case: Project RACI.
- Can be used by: Any team.
- How to launch: From the space creation dialogue.
- Functionality used: Projects, folders, tasks, custom fields, dashboards, a report.
- What’s inside: Sample project with subfolders for different stages and custom fields to define RACI roles, a Project Manager View dashboard, a Team Member View dashboard, and a RACI Team View report.
- Additional resources:
- Wrike Discover course 801 Track Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that includes a walkthrough of the RACI model
RACI (or sometimes RASCI) is a responsibility assignment matrix and an acronym for responsible, accountable, (supportive), consulted, and informed.
A RACI model identifies:
- Who is responsible for completing the task or making the decision
- Who is accountable for the project overall or must review and sign off on deliverables and decisions
- Who needs to be supportive and consulted to provide input on a particular item or task
- Who needs to be kept informed on project progress and completion
This template can help you go beyond the more common assignment model where you assign a project or task to a team member. This setup provides a more in-depth framework with multiple team members involved with a different level of responsibility.
This clarity of who does what is provided by the assignee field that is used for the Responsible in RACI and the user type custom fields for Accountable, Consulted, and Informed.
The Project RACI template also includes two dashboards for a quick glance at who’s responsible for what for managers (Project Manager View dashboard), and for team members (Team Member View dashboard).
In addition to that, there’s a pre-made report - RACI Team View - that you can use for progress tracking.
Would you be interested to start using the RACI model to leverage the responsibility level in your team? Or maybe you’re using this model already? Please share below 👇
Cansu Wrike Team member Infórmate sobre las funciones y prácticas recomendadas de Wrike