New Experience AMA
Ivan from our Product team will be answering your questions about the New Experience on the Community this week. If you have any burning questions or feedback to share, be sure to let us know in our 'Ask Me Anything' post.
Wrike for Desktop Ver. 3.3.2
We've made some changes in our Desktop apps. Here are all the updates you can look forward to:
- Spell check is back. This is enabled by default in the desktop app, and you can turn it off and on in the Preferences menu.
- The desktop app can be closed to the system tray in Windows and instantly opened again from here. You can turn this off to save memory consumption in the Settings menu.
- Notifications and external links now immediately open in the Inbox.
Gantt Chart Update
- There's a new filter panel (with project filters included).
- You can now see "ghost" folders, projects, and tasks. These are items that have been filtered out that contain tasks which should still be shown. For example, if you choose to view "all active tasks", you will be able to see active subtasks within their parent tasks, but these parent tasks will be greyed out in the Table portion.
- You can create calculated custom fields from the Gantt Chart.
- The project progress column is now available.
- If you want to add an existing task to a folder, project or space from the Gantt Chart, copy its permalink, click the "Add task" button at the bottom of the table, and paste the permalink there.
Adobe Creative Cloud Extension
The installation process for Wrike's extension for Adobe Creative Cloud has been updated. The new "Get extension" button on the extension menu leads you to the Adobe extension store, where you can download it.
When you're attaching files from Box, a pop-up window will appear that will allow you to sign in to your Box account, or to sign out from one Box account and sign in to another.
Text to Image
Sometimes, when Mac users copied some text from Word and pasted it to comments in Wrike, it would be added as an image instead of text. Also, in Proofing comments, sometimes nothing would be added at all. This is now fixed!