Spaces is an experimental feature and is enabled on a portion of accounts created after January 29, 2019.
Spaces are hubs (or centralized repositories) for all information relevant to your team; they help organize the folders and projects your team uses or needs.
- Organized folders and projects: related items are grouped together on the left-hand navigation panel (similar to your old folder tree).
- Shared Spaces: Spaces can be shared areas, making it easier for everyone to see what they need.
Each Regular and External User also gets a Personal Space when they join an account.
Note! There may be folders and projects which you have access to, but which aren’t in one of the Spaces you’re a part of. You’ll see all of those folders/projects under the “Shared with Me” section of the folder tree.
Personal Space is automatically created for Regular and External Users when they join an account. Each person can use it to organize and manage all tasks, folders, and projects relevant to their work.
Note! It’s not possible to rename a Personal Space or to invite users to it.
Regular Users can search and join public Spaces. All user types (including Collaborators) can be invited to a public Space.
To join a Space:
- Click “Explore spaces” at the bottom of the left-hand navigation panel.
- Select a Space from the list or start typing a Space’s title and then select it from the list.
- Click “Join Space” at the top of the Workspace (on the right of the Space’s title).
You’re now a member of the Space and your profile picture appears in the Space’s list of members. The Space (and the folders and projects tagged within it) appears in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Right-click a Space’s title from the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click “Leave Space”.
- Click a Space in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click the three-dot menu button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Leave Space”.
You are no longer a member of that Space. Your profile picture disappears from the Space’s list of members. When you click on a folder or project outside of the Space, it and the folders and projects tagged to it, disappear from the left-hand navigation panel.