Wrike admins can edit when the workweek starts, decide working and nonworking days, and set the date format for all users who are part of the account.
By default team members can only schedule tasks for working days, however, they can enable the "Work on Weekends" option (located at the bottom of the scheduling pop-up) to schedule tasks on nonworking days.
- Changes that an admin makes to the workweek or date format go into effect immediately after you hit “Save Changes” and affect all users who are part of the account.
- More advanced options to customize your personal and team members’ work schedules are available for users on Business and Enterprise accounts.
Account admins can edit the workweek for everyone who is part of the subscription.
- Select “Account Management”.
- Click the “Settings” tab.
- Click the dropdown under “First day of the week” to select which day Wrike should use as the first day of the week.
- Under the “Workweek” section choose which should be working days and which should be nonworking.
- Click “Save Changes”.
Account admins can change the default date format for everyone who is part of the subscription.
- Click on your profile image in the upper right-hand corner of the Workspace.
- Select “Account Management” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the “Settings” tab.
- Click the dropdown arrow under "Date Format".
- Select the appropriate date format from the dropdown menu that appears. You have the option to choose between: MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY.
- Click “Save changes”.
Quick Tip! The date format you choose here is the date format you should use when you and your teammates create tasks via email.