Table View is available to all users (including Collaborators) on all account types. Your account may have a newer version of the Table View which looks different. Read about it on our New Table View page.
⏱ 2 min read
Use the Table View to see your Tasks, Folders, and Projects in a spreadsheet format.
Tasks are grouped on the Table View based on what Folders and Projects they are in. If a task is tagged in multiple locations then it appears under each Folder or Project that it is in. By default the Table View has columns for: title 1, start date 2, due date 3, duration 4, status 5, and assignee 6.
Edit Task Details
Double click any field to edit its data or hover over the title field and click the arrow that appears on the field’s right-hand side to open the task in the Task View.
The following Project attributes are visible in columns on the Table View:
- "Assigned to" shows a Project's owner.
- "Status" shows a Project's status (set in the status field).
- "Start date" shows a Project's start date*.
- "Due date" shows a Project's finish date*.
Note that Project attributes are view only from the Table View. Open the Project info panel to edit attributes.
*Determined by whichever is earliest and latest: 1) the start/end date of the Project's earliest/latest planned task or Subproject 2) the start date/end date of the dates set in the Project info panel.
Use drag-and-drop on the Table View to rearrange columns into the order you prefer.
- Click on a column’s title
- Drag the column to the place where you would like it to appear and then release the mouse button
Expand or Collapse Folders and Projects
You can expand or collapse Folders and Projects so that you see or hide their content.
- To expand a Folder or Project: click the grey plus sign to the left of its title 1
- To collapse a Folder or Project: click the grey dash to the left of its title 2
- Click on the gear icon in the table’s upper left-hand corner 1
- A dropdown will appear where you can check or uncheck the box next to each column name to show or hide that column from the view