All users (including Collaborators) on all paid account types can use the new Timeline. This is an experimental feature from Wrike Labs and, as a result, it: may have bugs, is subject to change, or may be discontinued at any time. Please feel free to use the feedback links on Wrike Labs to share your feedback about this feature.
- Before You Enable the New Timeline (Limitations)
- Enable the New Timeline
- Create a Task
- Add or Remove Columns from the Table
- Edit Tasks
- Send Feedback
The new Timeline combines the old Timeline and the Table View. Combining both views allows you to
- View scheduled task on the Timeline side by side with all tasks (including tasks which haven’t been scheduled) on the Table.
- Quickly create tasks.
- More easily see and edit tasks via the Table.
- Customize how tasks are sorted.
Some features are currently missing from the new Timeline, but we plan on adding them. Follow our weekly Release Notes to find out about the latest functionality changes. We are prioritizing next steps based on your feedback.
Available Through Table (Not Timeline)
- Edit/delete dependencies
- Create tasks
- Collapse/expand tasks with subtasks
- Convert to milestone
Not Currently Available
- Create tasks by holding shift and clicking on the Timeline
- Reschedule task chains ending in a milestone by holding shift and dragging and dropping
- Create or share a Timeline Snapshot
- Zoom in or out with a slider (but you can use the dropdown or double click/ctrl + double click to zoom in or out)
- Task preview via a pop-up
- View critical path
- Saved filters when you return to the new Timeline after navigating away
- Support in multiple languages (you can always add the new Timeline, but some parts of the view may be in English)
All user types (including Collaborators) on all paid account types can enable the new Timeline View.
- Visit Wrike Labs.
- Scroll down to “New Timeline”.
- Check the box next to “Enable”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Table on the left-hand side of the view.
- Click “New task”.
- Enter a task title.
- Press “Enter” on your keyboard.
Your newly created task is added as a one day task scheduled for today and is added to the final Folder listed on the Table.
- Click the gear icon in the Table’s upper left-hand corner.
- Check the box next to any columns you want to see or uncheck the box next to any columns you want to hide.
Please note, if you have Custom Fields, they are not visible on the Table.
Click on a cell in the Table and enter the new or updated information.
Please note, if you click directly on a task's title, the task opens in an overlay Task View.
Click on a task bar in the Timeline, an overlay of the Task View opens where you can edit task details. Close the task overlay to return to the new Timeline View.
We are prioritizing next steps based on your feedback.
To send feedback, visit wrike.com/labs and click “Send Feedback” under “New Timeline”.